Today I am sharing a simple dinner recipe that my family loves. This recipe is awesome because it is quick, easy and delicious!! It is also an excellent recipe to use to get kids involved in dinner making. Currently, this is my son Daniel’s favorite thing to make (pretty much on his own now) for dinner. We originally found the recipe in his go-to cookbook, Cooking for Kids Bible.
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
(For a printable version of this recipe, please click here: Chicken Parmesan Recipe)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Note on the Pasta: This really can be whatever pasta your family enjoys most. We used trottole that I found at Target. My kids love this type of pasta!
- Preheat oven to 400
- Dip raw chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well
- In a glass baking dish, arrange chicken breasts in a single row. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, cook pasta according to directions on package
- Remove chicken from oven and pour the entire jar of pasta sauce over chicken. Then top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink in center
- Serve chicken over hot pasta